ME? Well, My name is Yvonne and I am a SAHM to FOUR beautiful, energetic, wild, lovable, crazy and amazing children. I am married to my best friend and the Love of my life. And I have a creative side that needed an outlet so I started this blog to share my creations with all of you. One day my oldest daughter, all of 6 years old, looked at me while I was crafting and said "you sure are One Creative Momma" and the name for my blog was born.

Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

What's for Breakfast?

Aebleskivers

When I was a very little girl I remember my Mother making these yummy Aebleskivers for breakfast. She would top them with powedered sugar, raspberry or strawberry jam or sometimes just pancake suryp. Now that I'm a Mom I make them for my children and they love to watch me make them in the traditional pan and can't eat them fast enough.

What are Aebleskivers you ask?
They are traditional Danish pancakes in a distinctive shape of a sphere. Somewhat similar in texture to American pancakes, in that they are solid but crossed with a popover because they are light and fluffy. They are cooked on the stove top by baking in a special pan with several hemi-spherical indentations in the bottom of the pan. Halfway through the cooking process the Aebleskivers are then rotated to create the sphere shape. (The pictures that follow will help demonstrate this.)


Serve Aebleskivers within 5 mins from the stovetop with Raspberry or Strawberry jam or maple syrup and a sprinkling of powdered sugar and Enjoy

My breakfast today!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...