ME? Well, My name is Yvonne and I am a SAHM to FOUR beautiful, energetic, wild, lovable, crazy and amazing children. I am married to my best friend and the Love of my life. And I have a creative side that needed an outlet so I started this blog to share my creations with all of you. One day my oldest daughter, all of 6 years old, looked at me while I was crafting and said "you sure are One Creative Momma" and the name for my blog was born.

Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Card for Marley Moore

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share with you a project I decided to work on for a 16 year old girl.

Her name is Madison and she has started the 

For the month of July, Madison is asking card makers to make cards for Marley Moore (right end) and her family.

Mia - Sister, Brent - Dad, Nikki - Mom and Marley Moore :)

On Friday, August 7, 2009, Marley was taken to the hospital due to concerns from her family as well as their family physician. A CT scan found a tumor (pilocytic astrocytoma), about the size of a lemon, located on her brain. Marley was immediately rushed to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City where the doctors went to work...they began to drain fluid from her brain to release the pressure that had been causing her immense pain for weeks prior.


The tumor was located around/near the optic nerve, the brain stem, and the pituatary gland. Because it was near several very sensitive areas of the brain, the doctor's scheduled a surgery to remove as much of the tumor as they possibly could. That surgery took place on Monday, August 10, 2009. The surgeon was able to remove a larger portion than he had originally thought, but that evening, as a result of trauma to the brain from surgery, Marley suffered a stroke, leaving her right side paralyzed. You can follow the rest of her story through our journal updates. Please visit Funkycards.blogspot.com


Caring Bridge Journal Entry: "Marley is a little angel. She is beautiful, strong, little girl, and she's well on her way to fighting through this. We believe in the mighty God... one that is with her every step of the way."

Here is how you can help. Each crafter can submit one card by July 31st to:

Madison Womack
(IFTL) Funky Cards
P.O. Box 1203
Atascadero, Ca 93423

Here is the card I made for Marley and I hope to make a few more for each of her family members:




Card Recipe:

Paper: Yellow shimmer and Blue textured cardstock
Red, Yellow, Black, White and Craft cardstock
Stamps: Peachy Keen Faces and Hero Arts Sentiment
Create a Critter cartridge for Bees and Hive
Action Wobble on the hive
Red Grosgrain ribbon
White gel pen and Glossy Accents


Please watch the video below to see how the Action Wobble brings this card to life.



Thank you for stopping by and I hope Miss Marley is having a Beautiful Day!






2 comments:

  1. This is sooooo cute!  I love that you used Action Wobbles!  Marley will love it:) Thank you so much!! You ROCK!! Thank you too for the awesome post. I really appreciate all the support.
    ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I think Marley will love it and I hope you have a Great day too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...